Obstacles to Connecting to Intention Chapter 4 Review
Have you read the Power of Intention yet?
In this blog I will discuss Obstacles to Connecting to Intention Chapter 4 of The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer.
In Chapter 4 Dr. Dyer examines the following three areas that you may not recognize as obstacles to connecting to the power of intention.
- Your Inner Speech
- Your Level of Energy
- Your Self Importance
Obstacles to Connecting to Intention – Your Inner Speech
As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7
Just as thinking positive thoughts can produce positive results, thinking negative thoughts can produce negative results.
According to Dr Dyer there are 4 ways that can prevent you from connecting to the creative spirit of intention:
- Thinking about what’s missing in your life.
- Thinking about the circumstances of your life.
- Thinking about what has always been.
- Thinking about what others want for you.
Dr Dyer goes on to explain that you need to stop focusing on these 4 things. He uses a play on the Match game to get his point across.
Here is an excerpt from this section:
[“To match up with intention, you first have to catch yourself in that moment you’re thinking about what’s missing. Then shift to intention.Not what I find missing in my life, but to what I absolutely intend to manifest and attract into my life—with no doubts, no waffling and no explaining.“]
He then goes on to give examples from each of the 4 areas:
Like I said he uses a play on the Match game. I have included only one from each area.
- No Match: I don’t have enough money.
- Match: I intend to attract unlimited abundance into my life.
Spending your time thinking about what missing in your life will not help you to get what you want. Think about what you want and intend to create and you match up with the power of intention.
- No Match: I hate this place we are living in; it gives me the creeps.
- Match: I can see our new home in my mind, and I intend to be living there in 6 months.
Don’t think about the circumstances of your life. They are what they are. Assume responsibility for them without any guilt. It’s important to know that your inner speech is your creation. If you speak about circumstances you don’t want, you attract more of what you don’t want. You need to use your inner speech to focus on what you do want to create.
What has always been
- No Match: I’ve always been poor. I was raised on shortages and scarcity.
- Match: I intend to attract wealth and prosperity in unlimited abundance.
Stop thinking about your past mistakes or the bad things in your past. Thinking about them keeps you there. Eliminate those thoughts from your mind. Think about what you intend to create.
What others want for you
- No Match: I am so annoyed with my family. They don’t understand me, they never have.
- Match: I love my family; they don’t see things the way I do, but I don’t expect them to. I’m focused on my intentions and I send them love.
Most of us have families that have expectations of how we should be living. We need to stop focusing on what they expect from us if it isn’t want we want. Know what it is you intend to create and focus on that. Don’t let what other expect of you continue to be manifested in your life by focusing on it.
Obstacles to Connecting to Intention – Your Level of Energy
There are 2 types of energy. High energy and low energy. High energy is fast and low energy is slow. High energy dissolves lower energy.
You need to become aware of your energy levels. If your energy levels are low, you can raise them an eliminate the low energy that is keeping you from connecting to your intention.
There are 5 levels of energy that you work with.
1. The material world – a solid form of energy and the slowest.
2. The sound world – sound waves cannot be seen but can be felt
3. The Light world – light is faster than the material world and sound. when light is brought into dark, the dark becomes light, but there are no light particles that you can see.
4. The thought world – your thoughts are faster than sound or light. It can be determined if your thoughts are strengthening or weakening your ability to connect to the highest energy in the universe.
5. The Spirit world – the highest energy, you came into existence from this energy.
Raising your Energy
Your thoughts are energy that either strengthen or weaken you. The thoughts that weaken you need to be eliminated, they are obstacles to your connecting with intention.
You have to understand that how you see things will strengthen or weaken you. It’s what you see inside yourself. If someone is nasty to you and you respond in a nasty way back you are condemning them, which in turn lowers your energy. The situation is not made better because your energy is low. You have to find a way to raise your energy because condemnation only lowers your energy.
Suggestions for raising your energy:
- Become conscience of your thoughts
- Meditate regularly
- Be aware of the foods you eat
- Stay away from low energy substances
- Be conscience of the energy of the music you listen to
- Be aware of the energy in your home
- Reduce your exposure to TV
- Enhance your energy with pictures
- Be conscience of the energy of your friends
- Monitor your activities
- Extend acts of kindness
Obstacles to Connecting to Intention –Your Self Importance
“Self-importance is a mans greatest enemy.What weakens him is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of his fellow man. Self-importance requires that one spend most of one’s life offended by someone or something.” ~ Carlos Castaneda (The Fire from Within)
Self-importance will keep you from connecting to intention.
It’s important that you have a strong self concept and you feel unique. You are special but when you misidentify who you are by your body or what you have achieved, or your possessions you begin to see others as inferior to you. That’s where your ego come into play. Your Ego is really just an idea of who you think you are. Who you think you are isn’t necessarily who you are.
Seven steps for overcoming ego’s hold on you:
1. Stop being offended
2. Let go of your need to win
3. Let go of your need to be right
4. Let go of your need to be superior
5. Let go of your need to have more
6. Let go of identifying yourself on the basis of your achievements
7. let go of your reputation
In Conclusion, I couldn’t possibly begin to include everything that was in Chapter 4. This chapter is jam packed with so much that it definitely needs to be studied over and over. I have given you the highlights. I highly encourage you to get the book and read it.
Get a copy of The Power of Intention here.
Previous Chapter reviews from the Power of Intention
If you got value from my blog please leave me a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts.
If you would like to learn how you can share information about anything you want with a blog like this, and make money at the same time, click the banner below for your information.
[mlsp-cta campaign=”ultimateblogbundle” tracking=”blog-bundle-bottom” popup=”false” layout=”standard” align=”center”]